Thursday 28 June 2012

Lemon and Lime Cheesecake (No Baking)

I once said that I'm not a cheesecake person and I just might have to take that back. I LIKE CHEESECAKE. I like no bake cheesecakes! Woo! And this one is so so easy

Ingredients for the base:
  • 2 small packets biscuits
  • 150g butter

Ingredients for the filling:
  • 1 packet lemon jelly
  • 1 packet lime jelly
  • 2 cups water (divided, 1 cup hot and 1 cup cold)
  • 200ml cream (cold)
  • 300g mascarpone

Method:
  1. Crush the biscuits. I used a potato masher. 
  2. Melt the butter (either over a low heat or using the microwave).
  3. Pour this into the crushed biscuits and stir.
  4. Spoon into a cake tin and press down very firmly. (I used an 8" cake tin).
  5. Melt the two packets of jelly in a cup of hot water, and then add the cup of cold water. Leave this to cool.
  6. Whip the well chilled cream.
  7. Add the mascarpone to the whipped cream, a little bit at a time, and continue to whisk on a low speed.
  8. Add the liquid jelly. I used a strainer to avoid adding any unmelted bits but there weren't any.
  9. Stir everything together until homogeneous.
  10. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base. Again, I used a strainer to ensure that any tiny lumps of mascarpone didn't pass through. Consistent filling? Achieved. 
  11. Leave the cheesecake to set in the fridge. I left mine there overnight. 







No comments:

Post a Comment