Ingredients for the base:
- 2 small packets biscuits
- 150g butter
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 packet lemon jelly
- 1 packet lime jelly
- 2 cups water (divided, 1 cup hot and 1 cup cold)
- 200ml cream (cold)
- 300g mascarpone
- Crush the biscuits. I used a potato masher.
- Melt the butter (either over a low heat or using the microwave).
- Pour this into the crushed biscuits and stir.
- Spoon into a cake tin and press down very firmly. (I used an 8" cake tin).
- Melt the two packets of jelly in a cup of hot water, and then add the cup of cold water. Leave this to cool.
- Whip the well chilled cream.
- Add the mascarpone to the whipped cream, a little bit at a time, and continue to whisk on a low speed.
- Add the liquid jelly. I used a strainer to avoid adding any unmelted bits but there weren't any.
- Stir everything together until homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base. Again, I used a strainer to ensure that any tiny lumps of mascarpone didn't pass through. Consistent filling? Achieved.
- Leave the cheesecake to set in the fridge. I left mine there overnight.